On Monday November 16, 2020, the Ministry of Health received confirmation of two new cases of COVID-19 bringing the total number of cases diagnosed in country to date to 173.
Case #172 is a 7-year-old male from the Vieux-Fort district
Case #173 is a 65-year-old male from the Vieux-Fort district
Both of cases after being assessed and tested for COVID-19, were placed in quarantine by health practitioners while awaiting receipt of their test results. One of these cases was identified through the contact tracing process and an epidemiological link has been established for this case. Case #173 is linked to case #155.
As per protocol, arrangements have been made to place these individuals into care.
The total number of active cases currently in country is now 112. Presently, one of the active cases remains in critical care at the Respiratory Hospital. The other active cases are stable.
Ministry of Health reminds citizens to continue practicing the infection prevention and control guidelines that will help to reduce exposure to the virus:
- Wash and sanitize hands often during the day
- Ensure a mask is always used while in public and ensure it covers both the mouth and nose Sanitize frequently touched surfaces often using a bleach solution
- Maintain a separation of six feet from others which is about two arm’s length apart
- If experiencing flu-like symptoms, keep away from others and seek medical care immediately at the closest respiratory clinic
- Avoid contact with other people who have flu-like symptoms