THE Department of Education, Innovation and Gender Relations invites suitably qualified persons to submit applications for the Government of Saint Lucia-Monroe College Scholarship to pursue Bachelor’s Degrees tenable at Monroe College (Saint Lucia Campus).
Fifteen awards will cover 50% of tuition fees and three awards will cover one hundred percent of tuition fees. These awards are applicable only to new students commencing studies in the new academic year September 2020. Applicants are to note that:
a. The scholarships cover tuition cost only, and do not include the cost of books or any other expenses;
b. Scholarships are not transferrable, and can only be used by the awardees;
c. Scholarship awardees must complete the application process and must be accepted to Monroe College for the Fall 2020 semester; this commences in September 2020;
d. Awardees must maintain a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0; and
e. Awardees must agree to adhere and abide to all the rules and policies as outlined in the current school’s catalogue and /or Student Handbook
To be eligible for an award, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
1. Be citizens of Saint Lucia — proof of citizenship must be submitted;
2. Have gained acceptance into Monroe College (St Lucia Campus) for the academic year commencing September 2020, to pursue full-time studies. A letter of acceptance must be presented at the time of submitting your application;
3. The area of study must be listed on the “Government of Saint Lucia List of Approved Areas for National Training 2018/2021” which can be accessed on the Government of Saint Lucia’s website: www.govt.lc, and http://scholarships.education.gov.lc/priority lists; and
4. Be in financial need (Financial Needs Assessment form must be completed).
Applications are done only online via: http:/scholarships.education.gov.lc/
Applicants are required to:
a. Scan all required documents (Ensure that all documents are legible).
b. Complete the online application and upload the required documents to your online application. After submitting the online application, a confirmation email will be sent.
c. Verify that they have received the confirmation email. If no confirmation email is received after submitting online application, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org./c or call 468 5229.
1. Verified copies of academic, professional and technical certificates (verified by the Department of Education).
2. Transcripts of completed programmes from last educational institution.
3. Letter of Admission to Institution
4. Copy of Birth Certificate
5. Two Letters of Recommendation
6. Cover Minute from Permanent Secretary/Head of Department, endorsing the request for Training (For Public Service Employees only).
7. Statement of Conduct and Work Ethics Form (for Public Service Employees only).
9. Financial Needs Assessment Form
Please note that incomplete applications will be deemed ineligible and not be considered. Late submissions will not be accepted. The deadline for the submission of online applications is Friday, July 31, 2020.