THE Saint Lucia Business Awards 2019 Ceremony brought together the full spectrum of corporate St Lucia, ranging from veteran business men and women to the new and emerging business class creating a remarkable celebratory business concoction at the Events Auditorium in Rodney Bay!
Arriving guests were greeted with a St Lucia Distillers Welcome Cocktail, then everyone made their way onto the Unicomer Red Carpet in the usual glitz, glam and flashing lights of the cameras. The St Lucia Distillers Welcome Cocktail was in full swing as one entered the doors with more special brews being featured from this award winning company.
The Awards Ceremony Hall had been transformed into a glamorous setting with a huge stage and full corporate seating for all patrons. On every table, there were three choices of wine all from the BARBAY wine cellars accompanied by exquisite hors d’ oeuvres Flavored by Baron’s. A snazzy and smooth ceremony ensued with excellent entertainment pieces interspacing the made for television awards ceremony.
The Awards Ceremony was closed by the ever popular and versatile DYP who transitioned the evening with great aplomb into the ever popular Peter and Company Distribution after party that went on well into the early morning.
As announced at the gala affair, the winners of this year’s St Lucia Business Awards 2019 are as follows:
• Award for Corporate Social Responsibility: Unicomer
• LUCELEC Award for Environmental Stewardship: Bay Gardens Resorts
• M&C Group of Companies Award for Service Excellence: 1st National Bank St Lucia Limited
• Small Business of the Year: Abby’s Exotic Blends Ltd;
• WLBL Employer of the Year: Unicomer Saint Lucia
• Invest St Lucia Entrepreneur of the Year Award: Shop D Caribbean
• Export Achievement of the Year: St Lucia Distillers Limited
• Massy Stores New Business of the Year: Serenity at Coconut Bay
• Non Profit or Association of the Year: Faces of Cancer St Lucia
• Digicel People’s Choice Award: The Independent Film Company
• Prime Minister’s Award for Innovation: InVictus;
• Business of the Year: 1st National Bank St Lucia Limited
Dr Charmaine Gardner longtime active Chamber member and Past President, known for her sterling contribution to business, education, women, the less fortunate locally, regionally and internationally received the Lifetime Achievement Award.
The St Lucia Business Awards 2019 was the 10th Edition of the Awards in its current format and was presented by the Saint Lucia Chamber of Commerce, Industry and Agriculture in collaboration with the Office of the Prime Minister and was well supported by a the business community of Saint Lucia. Sponsors included the Office of the Prime Minister, Invest St Lucia, Digicel, 1st National Bank St Lucia Limited, Baron Foods Limited, Bay Gardens Resorts, Carasco& Son Ltd., Coconut Bay Beach Resort And Spa, FLOW, Fosters Law Firm, M&C Group Of Companies, Massy Stores St Lucia, Peter & Co. Distribution, Republic Bank (EC) Limited, Sagicor Life Inc., Saint Lucia Distillers Group Of Companies, Scott’s Sports and Awards, St Lucia Electricity Services Limited, Unicomer, MediaZone, Windward & Leeward Brewery Ltd, St Lucia Air And Sea Ports Authority, and Bel Jour Hotel.
The St Lucia Business Awards Committee congratulates all winners and thanks all service providers and supporters for their contribution towards the overall success of the St Lucia Business Awards 2019!